Dr. Robert Jofer
Dr. Robert Jofer has been a lawyer for almost 30 years and works exclusively in the field of criminal law. In the early years of his career he represented a wide range of clients (up to and including homicide) and thus became well versed in procedural law. His focus as a certified specialist for criminal law (since 1997) has shifted in the past 10-15 years to the representation of companies and their directors and officers as well as to white collar and tax criminal law. He also frequently acts as defense counsel in cases involving accidents or allegations based on supplementary penal provisions outside the Criminal Code. For example, he recently defended the CEO of a credit institution against the allegation of a property offense, the managing director of a security firm against the allegation of social security fraud and a building contractor in the so-called Ingolstadt corruption scandal. He advises European food manufacturers on various criminal law issues and is currently representing the executive of an international corporation on charges of multiple negligent homicide.
Without exception, the aim is to resolve criminal matters as unspectacularly and efficiently as possible.
Dr. Robert Jofer is a lecturer at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University in Munich, where he also completed his doctorate on "Criminal Prosecution on the Internet" under Prof. Schöch.
Among other publications, he is the author of the Lawyers' Handbook on Criminal Law (C.H. Beck, 2022) or the StPO Commentary published by Heymanns Verlag (2021).
He is a member of the Criminal Law Working Group of the German Bar Association (DAV), the Business Criminal Lawyers Association (WisteV e.V.) and the Bavarian Criminal Lawyers' Initiative (Initiative Bayerischer Strafverteidigerinnen und Strafverteidiger e.V.).
Before becoming a lawyer, he studied at the Bavarian Police Academy and worked for several years in various management positions in the police force. This work was an essential experience and very helpful for his later work as a defense lawyer.
Company from the tourism industry
- Representation of the management in international criminal customs proceedings
Companies from the food industry
- Representation of a wholesale company due to violations of hygiene regulations
- Representation of a food manufacturer due to violations of slaughtering and working time regulations
Company in the security and guarding industry
- Advising and filing charges against senior employees for breach of trust, corruption and violations of the Trade Secrets Act
Companies in the care sector
- Representation of the management due to accounting fraud
- Representation of management for withholding and embezzlement of remuneration (§ 266a StGB)
- Representation of employees due to alleged nursing errors, allegations of bodily injury, negligent homicide, mistreatment of wards
Companies from the aviation industry
- Advice and representation for alleged violations of working time regulations
- Representation of the management/company due to various allegations relating to immigration/residency law
- Advice and out-of-court arbitration regarding criminal offences under works constitution law
Internationally active group from the technology sector
- Representation of a senior manager in an internationally recognised accident case due to alleged disregard of safety-related regulations/corruption/environmental offences.
Distribution company/producer of technical devices
- Conducting investigations in cooperation with a detective agency on the grounds of gang theft/allegiance, drawing up a criminal complaint in consultation with the public prosecutor's office/police, accompanying the investigations
Companies in the financial sector
- Witness assistance for senior employees of a bank in connection with trade tax evasion
- Representation of the managing director of several real estate companies due to alleged tax evasion (corporation tax, trade tax)
Companies in the construction industry
- Preventive advice on the drafting of subcontractor agreements
- Representation of the management due to corruption/fraud
- Representation of a construction manager due to negligent homicide/construction hazard